Minds Abroad: Study in Yunnan, Lonely Planet's Top Choice in China
"If you have time for but one province in China, Yunnan should be it." - Lonely Planet.
Minds Abroad offers a Weekly Morning Class & Afternoon Activities Program which students can enroll in on any Monday and stay as many weeks as they like. The afternoon activities include either a free volunteering program, a free language exchange program or internship program. We also offer a stand alone Intership Program, which does not have to include class and can be full or half day position in various sectors in Kunming, China. We offer Study+Travel Programs in the summer and a Trimester Program during the academic year which include classes, afternoon interning or volunteering plus additionally travel on the weekends and during holidays.
Morning Class, Normally Only 2-4 Students, with Tranfer Credit
In case of individual student programs, Minds Abroad usually limits its class size to 2-4 students, but it can go up to a maximum of 7 students. Students may be able to earn academic credits from our university partners in Kunming and can possibly transfer the credits back to their home institutions, depending on their policies. An additional fee for university credit may apply to certain programs. Learn more here.
Minds Abroad's philosophy is about 'learning by doing.' So in addition to studying Mandarin in the morning, students can participate in internships, volunteering and language exchange activities during afternoon.
- Afternoon Option 1: Internship Placements-We have a number of internship placements available across various areas.
- Afternoon Option 2: Free Volunteer Service Learning- Students can choose to volunteer in various non-profit organizations that work for children of disadvantaged, migrant families and poor, homeless children. There is no placement fee for volunteer placements. Read more.
- Afternoon Option 3: Free Language Exchange Activities- Minds Abroad can arrange for language exchange programs with students and young adults from local schools and communities. Read more.
Comfortable Housing, Free Meals and 24/7 Onsite Support
We arrange for fully furnished apartments for all participants within a short commute from our office. We provide breakfast in student apartments and lunch and dinner at our office from Mon-Fri.
Throughout the year we have several set programs for individual students in the summer and academic year combining language class, afternoon volunteer or interning and travel in the weekends. Find a schedule of our summer programs here and school year programs here.
Weekly Morning Class & Afternoon Activities Program
With Minds Abroad a student can study Chinese for as many weeks as his/her schedule permits. A student participating in our year-round Weekly Morning Class & Afternoon Activities program can start any Monday and continue as long as he likes. Besides his morning classes, he can choose to participate in either our afternoon language exchange sessions, interning or volunteering.
FALL, WINTER, SPRING DISCOUNTED PRICE (August 15 till May 14)
$398 (if shared bedroom) + $199 for a one time enrollment fee
SUMMER REGULAR PRICE PEAK (May 15 till August 14)
$598 (if shared bedroom)/week + $399 for a one time enrollment fee
This program is offered for either for half a day or full day on weekdays with a variety of multinational and local companies in China. For more details, please check here.
Discounted Fall/Winter/Spring Price (August 15 to May 14):
- $499 for a one-time internship placement fee
- $149/week for accommodations in a private bedroom and three meals a day during weekdays
Regular Summer Price (May 15 to August 14):
- $999 for a one-time internship placement fee
- $299/week for accommodations in a private bedroom and three meals a day during weekdays
Teach + Travel Program
The Minds Abroad Teach +Travel in China Program offers paid English teaching positions for nearly an entire year in Yunnan Province, China. For more details, please check here.