If you have time for but one   province in China, Yunnan should
be it.
" - Lonely Planet  

Study Abroad In China
Learn Mandarin, Study Abroad in China

Weekday Mandarin Classes, Weekend Trips to
5 Nearby Countries. 

Minds Abroad- Study abroad, Learn Mandarin in China Minds Abroad- Study abroad in China- Study Chinese- Chinese school

 Call Us Mon - Fri
 9AM - 5PM China Time

Kunming-China time is:


+1 877 U ABROAD


+44(0)20 7193 3479

Asia Pacific

+852 8125 4854


+22 281 5055322855

 Email Us
Customer Service Chat
Submit a Question
Frequently Asked Questions
Site Map
   Print This Page   

Bookmark This Page 



How to Obtain a Visa for China

Peoples from all countries are required to get a visa to enter China. This is a simple process and Minds Abroad can give you advice on how to apply for it.

Students, volunteers and interns can apply for a tourist visa (a type L visa) if you are studying, volunteering or interning for short periods of time like 2 - 3 months. But for students studying long term, we will provide a letter of invitation so that you can get a student visa.

This is the basic procedure in obtaining a visa:

-     You have to visit the nearest Chinese Consulate or the Chinese Embassy in person to get a visa. If you live very near a Chinese consulate (located in New York, NY; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Houston, TX.), this process requires two trips one to drop off your passport and one to pick it up. This process can be time consuming and can take as long as two full days. (See more information below)

-         Click here to learn how to go to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in person

Yunnan Videos







Video Credits 48s